How should hospitals prepare for the COVID-19 pandemic?
With the rapidly growing numbers of people affected by the COVID-19 virus, hospitals are quickly running out of necessary supplies, beds, stretchers, ventilators and more. As of today 03/23/2020, the US currently has a total of 924,107 hospital beds with only approximately 95,000 of those being critical care beds, including surgical and specialty unit beds available.
You can see daily updates here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Many case studies estimate that the COVID-19 will stress bed capacity, equipment, and health care personnel in U.S. hospitals in ways not previously experienced. What can health systems and manufacturers do to help prepare to help care for the influx of patients with the coronavirus?
If there was a sudden outbreak and spread of the coronavirus hospitals would be quickly overwhelmed. With the U.S. only having about 2.8 beds per 1,000 people, space, rooms, beds, ventilators, etc for those infected will quickly run out. Hospitals and emergency rooms need stretchers, hospital bed mattresses, and pads rapidly.
With hospitals in desperate need of these items, Birkova Products is doing their part by offering hospital bed mattresses, stretcher pads, OR table pads, disposable products, and more. With the current outbreak of COVID-19 hospitals are most in need for the following:
- Hospital Bed Mattresses > https://promos.birkovaproducts.com/hospital-bed-mattresses
- Stretcher Pads > https://promos.birkovaproducts.com/stretcher-pads
- OR Table Pads > https://promos.birkovaproducts.com/surgical-table-cushion-pad-sets
- IV Poles > https://www.birkovaproducts.com/iv-poles/
- Disposable Products > https://promos.birkovaproducts.com/disposable-products
- Medical Face Masks